Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Easter

Easter in my family has always been a time of year where we get our "craft on" - creating Easter Bonnets for the school parade, decorating eggs, making paper baskets (for the Easter Bunny to fill) and the list goes on. As a child I use to collect the foil Easter Egg wrap for my art and craft projects and as an adult nothing much has changed!! It was these memories that inspired my Easter cards along with some fabulous stamp sets from Close To My Heart.

While I didn't use foil wrap to embellish my card, I did have some wonderful Close To My Heart products to make it "sparkle".  Pink Glitter Paper, Pearl Paint and Teal Shimmer Trim are amongst my favourite embellishments. I am so glad that as a consultant I get a discount on my craft supplies because I am always re-ordering these glitter goodies! My crafting friends call me the "Embellishment Queen" I love using all sorts of bling to add finishing touches to my projects and the Wooden Trinket Shapes and Flamingo Dots where perfect for this card. I really enjoyed piecing this card together, incorporating all sorts of FUN techniques - colouring, paper piecing and ink misting. If you are a paper crafter and enjoy sharing your creative passion with others?... why not consider joining my team of consultants check out my Facebook Page to see the bonus offer for new consultants - it is only available this month!!....or  you can click here to find out more! I would love to share my creative journey with you :)

This next card was something I "whipped up" today for my daughter to give to a friend - while I may be the "Embellishment Queen" she is the "Queen of Last Minute" LOL! - but Mum always comes to the rescue - a little stamping, a little colouring, some faux stitching and a craft room full of paper... and a card is created in a matter of minutes - gotta love that! The little girl and bunny featured belong to a stamp set called "Some Bunny". It is one of the Hostess Rewards stamp sets you can treat yourself to by hosting a craft gathering with your friends - message me at lotfam@iinet.net.au if you would like to add this set to your collection.

I hope you and your family have a lovely Easter break, the Easter Bunny finds you and you get a moment to get your "craft-on"!

No comments: