Wednesday, June 23, 2010

White Backgrounds

I've really had the scrapping bug lately and thought I should challenge myself to move away from using my beloved pink in every layout LOL!!!!!!! It has been a long time since I just worked on a white background so I thought I'd give it ago....found a beautiful new kit by designer Vinnie Pearce called Placid - very subtle colours of grey and very delicate. She also has the most delicious kits of swirls & flourishes - a girl after my own heart. The floral corner is a Creative Memories freebie and I just changed the colour hue to match the papers....and added a cute little bird from the Placid kit - isn't it sweet?? - almost as sweet as my daughters in this photo!!! ;)



I also used the Placid kit for this layout but I altered the colours from greys to browns to compliment my photo - which I framed in Janet Carr's Digi Kit Frames - New Perspective. The alpha is called Tea & Coffee by Kenner Road Designs



and this layout was created using Janet Carr's kit "The Bunny Trail" and a few embellishments from another of her wonderful kits "The King of My Heart"....oh! and I do have to tell you, this is not my daughter's boyfriend ;) but a special "buddy" they started school together as 5yr olds and have been friends ever since.



Pity I have to work tomorrow - I have so many ideas floating around in my head at the moment - oh well a weekend beckons - maybe I can play again then!! :)

No comments: