Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Papercrafting Fun

Looking for some last minute decorating tips for your New Years Eve party?? - then this cute Bunting may just do the trick!!...simply grab your Mini Stapler and
Designer Creation Paper Bags - easy peasy!!




I have created bunting for so many different occasions but this is the easiest and quickest I have ever produced it... and I have to confess that the bunting in this photo will not be adorning any party! Instead it will form a portion of the classroom decorations for my daughter's Grade 5/6 class of 2016. If you follow my "creativecapers" then you know I love crafting with my youngest daughter and she loves creating fun and inviting learning areas for her students ( if you click here you will see her jungle theme & classroom from this year ). Rather than follow a theme this time around, she has decided to design a brightly coloured pre-teen space with lots of bunting hanging from the ceiling. The fabulous chevron and trendy prints in the Designer Creations Paper Bags certainly complimented the look she wanted.

To create the bunting the paper bags were  laminated, just so they could uphold a whole year of "wear and tear" then a dovetail/wedge was cut into the end with the opening. Next, they were attached along a piece of ribbon with the Mini Stapler - being just a 1/4" in size they are very discrete...giving it a nice professional finish.  I am a huge fan of this stapler for just that reason! It is amongst my Top 10 most used tools, you can find it here in my online shop, along with packs 2000 refills.

Be sure to stay tuned for some more "sneak peeks" into my daughter's classroom we have some serious playtime happening in the craft room at the moment and I look forward to sharing our projects with you in the coming weeks.

Wishing you all the best as you celebrate the New Year - thank you for joining me here in my little world of creativity and supporting my Close To My Heart business....see you in 2016  - Chris xx