Monday, January 26, 2015

G'day - It's Australia Day

In celebration of Australia Day I thought I would whip up a quick card to showcase a couple of the exclusive Aussie Themed stamps in the Close To My Heart range.

The Cute Koalas and Australian Thanks are two of my favourites and the perfect stamp sets to give your cards a "true blue" Aussie feel. I combined them with a computer generated sentiment ( font = Hooteroll) to create this Australia Day card.





To further add to the celebration - today only - anyone who places an order of $50 or more in my Online Shop will go in the draw to win the Cute Koalas stamp set for free!

This is another card I created some time ago with this set... to find out all the details simply click here!


However, for the "G'day" card... I paper pieced the sweet little Koala using Whisper Cardstock and a red patterned  B&T Duo paper - both found in the Heartstrings Paper Pack. When paper piecing small intricate images I find my Close To My Heart Tweezers to be my best friend... they have such a fine point that is makes it easy to pick up even the tiniest piece of paper or accent.

The Aussie Flag toothpicks where purchased to decorate some lamingtons for afternoon tea today but I thought they make perfect embellishments for Aussie themed cards too! I used some 3D Foam Tape to adhere both the Koala image and Flag to the card.

So yes, today we are celebrating Australia Day in our own backyard with lamingtons, some "snags on the barbie" and a lazy day by the pool soaking up the sunshine... how ever you decide to celebrate...  I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Papercrafting with Doreen said...

Another great card, Chris. Thanks for sharing.