Saturday, January 31, 2015

February Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

 
Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!
 
We are featuring February's Stamp of the Month - called A Happy Hello...it is jammed packed with 15 individual stamp images.  If you have come here from Tracey Pierce's blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here with me and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog - simply click here.
This month we have 68  Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations featuring the Stamp of the Month combined with lots of other wonderful Close To My Heart products. Be sure to check out all the fabulous art work everyone has to share - just click on the link at the end of this post to begin the journey!
 
I'm a huge fan of the Stamp of the Month concept and the stamp sets on offer...  not only can you purchase them at a discount price but they are some of the most versatile sets you will find in the Close To My Heart range and this set is no exception.
 

 As you travel through this blog hop you will certainly discover that this set is a "must have" for exactly that reason! To highlight this, I have created 2 cards one with a contemporary feel and the other a little on the shabby chic side.
 
 
For my first card I created a "splattered" background onto some White Daisy Cardstock with Cotton Candy , Sunset and Hollyhock inks and built the card design from there. The floral images from the stamp set were also stamped in this ink combination and then fussy cut with some slight alteration to the original image shape. The centre of each floral image was then embellished with Black Epoxy Bubbles. The geometric border was created using the Triangle Border Punch.
 
The Shabby Chic style card was created combining the Stamp of the Month - A Happy Hello with the Amour Stamp Set that can be found in the Seasonal Expressions idea book/catalogue. Using my beloved Deluxe Trimmer !!!...  I created a tag shape and used it as a base to build my stamped images onto. The leaves were all stamped in Juniper Ink and the floral shapes in Cotton Candy Ink and then cut with another of my all time favourite tools - Micro-Tip Scissors... and pieced together and adhered to the tag/card using Bonding Memories Glue Pen.
 
Thanks for visiting my blog and taking a "peek" at my card projects..... and if you haven't already been there?? -  now is the time to "Hop" on over to Angela White's  blog and see the art work she has created for you... don't forget to visit all the other Consultants at their blogs to view some great crafting inspiration and fun ideas! Remember, the Stamp of the Month is only available until the end of February!  Contact your Close To My Heart Consultant (or click here) to see how you can purchase this stamp set and receive a discount!....order now and create your own floral masterpieces.

12 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Chris, your cards are absolutely stunning! I had to read your details a couple of times and I will definitely return to your blog because I want to try these techniques myself! Beautiful work :)

Shalana said...

Your cards are AWESOME!

Justine Hovey said...

Both cards are amazingly gorgeous girl! Just love them! I may have to create something similar!

Maureen said...

Love your work! Your second card gave me some well needed inspiration! I only had 4 hours to create my card for the blog this month:( Too much shoveling in Boston.

Nikka Geers said...

Just adore the splattered look.

Michelle Stewart said...

Great cards, love the splatter on the first design. Great work.

Unknown said...

like both of your cards. I had to see the 2nd one up close to really appreciate it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Chris. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Judy Faye Garner said...

Great work, both cards are stunning!

Brenda Lapp said...

Beautiful cards! I really like the one created with Snowhaven.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, I love the colors and the layouts