Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pretty in Pink

It goes with out saying that my favourite colour is Pink and one of my favourite Close To My Heart paper packs is from the Ivy Lane range. It has become my "go to" pack when creating cards that need a feminine touch. I thought today I would share a few of these cards with you.
 
 I love how this card came together  using a combination of left over papers from my Ivy Lane Card Making Kit including the lovely Sequin Dot Assortment - which is only available in this kit! I combined a few different stamp sets together too, including the leaves that come from the exclusive stamp set found in the Jubilee Scrapbooking Kit - it is great to get so much value for money from my kit purchases.
 
The shimmery appearance of my stamped flowers was created by adding a little Pearl Paint with some Blush ReInker and water and applying over the top of my flowers using a Spray Pen - love playing with these goodies, it is a lot of FUN! I got a little more creative and adventurous with this technique on my next card and used the technique to create my own unique background paper.
 
 I sprayed the Daisy White Cardstock with Cotton Candy ReInker and a little water. Then using the Damask Embossing Folder I ran it through my Cuttlebug Embossing Machine - then sponged some Smokey Plum Ink over the top...it took away the brightness of the white cardstock, the added colour making it tone in more harmoniously with the paper pack.
 
This Friendship card again uses a combination of paper packs and stamp sets including this month's Stamp of the Month - You've Got a Friend in Me.
 
 
I used my ever trusty Corner Rounder and Scallop Border Punch to add some decorative elements and added some finishing touches using Sparkle Flourishes and a small button from the Babycakes Assortment.
 
There are 5 Fun Friendship sentiments included in the  May Stamp of the Month which can be purchased for $5.00 when you place a $75 order this month...making them just $1.00 each - at that price - what a great value packed addition, they will be to your stamp collection!?! To order your set this month simply place an order in my Online Shop 
 
 
Wishing all my friends a very "Happy Month of May" - make mine happy too and leave a comment below - I love hearing from you!
 
 
 


No comments: