Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Floral Creations

If there is such thing as a Paper Flower Addiction - then I am a self confessed addict!! I love creating customised flowers for my crafting projects and the Close To My Heart Cricut Collections make it so easy. There are numerous flower shapes included in the cartridges and with a little ink, some dimensional elements and a few basic tools you can turn them into unique 3D embellishments which will make your projects shine!

Today, I am sharing two of my most recent floral creations with you....I love adding depth & texture to flat cardstock shapes and watching them come alive!


The Piercing Tool Kit and the Bone Folder are my most recommended tools for anyone wanting to create flowers, they simply are a "must have" and can be ordered direct from my Online Shop. I added some glitter to my Pink flowers along with some glossy accents using Liquid Glass. Then added Flamingo Dots and Ivy Lane Complements for that finishing touch.


The Blue flower became the feature element on my Thank You card. The leaves were cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut Collection and again dimension was added using my trusty Bone Folder! This card was all pieced together with another of my favourite Close To My Heart products - Bonding Memories Glue - you really must have this in your crafting tool box too! -  it is a great adhesive with many different applications.

If you are attending the "Come Create with Chris" events in Sydney next weekend... I will be demonstrating how to make these charming little flowers - need more information on these events? - click here - I'd love to have you come "play" with me!

1 comment:

Debbie G said...

Love the flowers, thank you for being so generous with your ideas and tutorials, always a pleasure to read your blog and discover new ways to use items.