Wednesday, December 31, 2014

January Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!
 
We are featuring January's Stamp of the Month - called This Moment...it is jammed packed with 12 individual stamp images.  If you have come here from Lilian Yeh's blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here... with me and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog - simply click here.
This month we have over 60  Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations featuring this month's Stamp of the Month combined with lots of other wonderful Close To My Heart products. Be sure to check out all the fabulous art work everyone has to share - just click on the link at the end of this post to begin the journey!
 
 

While the sentiments and images featured in this month's Stamp of the Month may primarily have you thinking of all things love and romance.... they showcase so much more versatility than that...and with that in mind, I decided to share 2 very different cards with you - one that follows the theme of love and this card that takes the path of something a little more generic.
 

For this card design, I used the large circle (target) image to create a form of scallop edging. I stamped multiple images with Hollyhock Ink then fussy cut each one using my all-time favourite Micro-Tip Scissors. The images were then cut in half and arranged across the centre of the card. The "Hello" sentiment was then stamped in Lagoon Ink and placed across the circle/scallop arrangement. This scallop arrangement makes quite a bold statement, therefore I decided to keep the card design fairly clean and simple, with just a little added sparkle.... in the form of 2 thin strips of Teal Glitter Paper and a single red heart from the Stuck on You Puffies.


My daughter thinks the scallop arrangement created with the stamped circle images resembles a Celtic Knot in it's appearance - what do you think??

My second card features not only the This Moment - Stamp of the Month but also many of the "heart" related Close To My Heart products - the Heartstrings paper pack, complement stickers and assortment embellishments, the Paper Fundamentals Enchantment Assortment and Lagoon Heart Washi Tape. They all compliment this project beautifully. The Lagoon coloured arrows and  Ruby "Straight from the Heart" sentiment are also fussy cut stamped images...I love how precise my trusty Micro-Tip Scissors helps me cut!! The scallop border on this card was created by using another favourite tool of mine - the Scallop Border Punch

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking a "peek" at my card projects..... and if you haven't already been there?? -  now is the time to "Hop" on over to Angela White's  blog and see the art work she has created for you... don't forget to visit all the other Consultants at their blogs to view some great crafting inspiration and fun ideas! Remember, the Stamp of the Month is only available until the 31st of January!  Contact your Close To My Heart Consultant (or click here) to see how you can purchase this stamp set and receive a discount!....order now and receive it in time to complete your Valentine Day Projects!

16 comments:

Brenda Lapp said...

Great cards. I love how you used the bullseye stamp and, I agree with your daughter, it does remind me of a Celtic Knot.

Wendy K. said...

The design with the target on the first card is very cool and the second card is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Great cards! I love the bright colors

Traci Godbee said...

LOVE your cards.... love how you used the target in a unique way.

Lilian said...

Love both cards, but the first one is genius! Loved the borders...very creative! =)

Lauren said...

Beautiful cards Chris, you are always so clever. I really love that first card, it does look like some sort of woven knot and so your daughter might be on to something!

Justine Hovey said...

Very pretty! Love the layers!

Kathy Burrows said...

Great cards -- the first one is my favorite.

Michelle Stewart said...

Stunning work. Just love what you have done with this stamp set.

Adeline E. Brill said...

Terrific cards! Very inspiring ideas!

Unknown said...

The first card is FANTASTIC!!! Love it! and your second is awesome as well!!

Melissa Robinson said...

Fun how you used the bullseye!

Jayma Malme said...

Love love love!!!

Maureen said...

Love, love your cards, but the second one really caught my eye. great job, Maureen

Pam said...

Beautiful cards Chris!! Love the use of the bullseye to make the scallop look!

Haley D. said...

These are fabulous!