Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Celebration Time

I have been "out of action" this past week recovering from knee surgery but I am happy to report that I am on the mend and looking forward to saying goodbye to the pain that has been a big (and yucky) part of my 2014!! I was cheered up immensely this week with the arrival of a little surprise package from Close To My Heart, containing an exciting stamp. Sticky Boy is an iconic Close To My Heart My Acrylix® stamp - click here to read "his story" and find out how very special he is!

In honour of Sticky Boy's 10th Birthday I created this card of celebration combining him with a cute kangaroo image from the Hoppy Birthday Stamp Set.

.....and there is nothing like a bit of therapeutic colouring when you are laid up and incapacitated. I love how vibrant the ShinHan Markers are and how well they co-ordinate with the Close To My Heart paper range....especially the new Hopscotch and Heartstrings collections.

ShinHan Touch Twin Markers - Colours Used:
 
Cherry Pink -  Z2450
Tender Pink - Z2464
Turquoise Blue - Z2465
Peacock Green - Z2461Light Orange -  Z2455
Barely Beige -  Z2445

Pastel Peach - Z2460
Pastel Green - Z2459
Golden Yellow - Z2452

The card is very simple in design and finished off with some of my favourite embellishments - Teal Shimmer Trim and some sweet puffy stickers...from the Chalk It Up Assortment and the Stuck On You Puffies.

Hope you are having a good week and your Christmas preparations are well underway!

2 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

What a sweet card! Merry Christmas and a speedy recovery.

Wendy said...

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Gorgeous card.
Chris, thank you so much for your inspiration this year. You are a gem.