Monday, September 22, 2014

Pretty Petals

I've just spent the most wonderful 3 day weekend playing and sharing all things crafty with my Close To My Heart community of friends - we inked and embossed up a storm....and as quoted by one friend - had the "most funest time ever"!

This is one of my cards from the weekend combining both wet and dry embossing techniques, some ink play and a lovely floral stamp set called Pretty Petals - which is also one of our Cricut compatible stamp sets.

 The glossy black flower was created with Black Pigment ink and Clear Embossing Powder. The flower image had been stamped onto some white cardstock I had customised earlier with Pixie and Canary ink. To create this unique patterned paper I smeared the 2 colours of ink onto my All Purpose Mat then spritzed with water and salt, which in turned created a nice spotty effect.... it is also the salt that gives the embossed flower it's glittery appearance. I LOVE playing with my inks to produce these special effects and I'd love to show you how too! - simply contact me at lotfam@iinet.net.au to book your own creative playtime session.
 
I used the Score Board to create the dry-embossed waffle pattern on the Canary and Hollyhock  - the 1/8" score increments on the board can be used in various combinations simply by using the Scoring Tool (included with the board) to make linear patterns.
 
 
The card design was finished off with a thin sliver of Black Shimmer Trim on top of a border created with the Scallop Border Punch and some faux stitching using the Black Journalling Pen.
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today - I hope you have had a wonderful Monday and I'll be back during the week with some more Close To My Heart goodness to share with you.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is amazing! I would love to learn the technique with the salt. I also love the waffle look that you did with the scoring board.

Unknown said...

I love this! The scoring looks awesome. The whole card is so clean and crisp. The flower is beautiful. xx