Tuesday, August 26, 2014

...More Embossing Fun

In my last post I mentioned "wet" and "dry" embossing and I received a few emails asking if I could explain more. There is nothing really special about this technique it is simply combining Embossing Powders and Embossing Folders together in the one project...as illustrated in the Friendship card I have created below.

I combined the Dot Embossing Folder with the Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder which created a "wet" ocean look appearance to my cardstock. The shells were made using the Princess Gold Embossing Powder, Flaxen & Glacier Exclusive Inks and the Emboss Resist technique. Love all the different textures, they certainly add interest and dimension to a simple card design.

I used the Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder and the Emboss Resist technique to create another card using the lovely Seaside My Reflections Scrapbook Products by Close To My Heart...very cool to be able to make personalised cards from my leftover scrapbook papers.

The larger shell was stamped onto Colonial White Cardstock with VersaMark Ink, embossed with Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder... then Sorbet Exclusive Ink was applied over the top. I used a thin strip of Teal Glitter Paper and a star fish antiqued-gold metal shape from the Seaside Assortment to add a little "sparkle & shine" to my card. There are 6 adhesive backed shapes in this pack including the large fish shown in the card at the top of this post...they are the perfect finishing touch.

Embossing materials and tools are all available from my Online Shop  just add them to your shopping cart, enter your payment details and your goodies will be delivered direct to your home - all very easy & convenient! I also offer technique based craft classes in my home (or yours)... where you can earn sales based rewards (stamp sets, papers etc) - simply contact me at lotfam@iinet.net.au to schedule your class.

If you are attending the "Come Create with Chris" event in Adelaide this weekend?... you will find a little more embossing fun on the agenda - looking forward to sharing this technique with you.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I loved seeing these at the Christchurch event, they look so stunning in person!