Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Embossing Fun

WOW! have I had a busy month?? - I have just completed a 6 city tour of Queensland and NSW teaching and demonstrating paper craft techniques at Close To My Heart consultant workshops. I am off to New Zealand this weekend to do it all again...we will be colouring, stamping, embossing and having loads of Crafty Fun... if you are attending one of these events make sure you introduce yourself - I love meeting my blog followers in real life!

One of the Close To My Heart products we have had a lot of FUN playing with at these events is Embossing Powders - my demonstrations have included how to combine "wet" and "dry" embossing in your projects, along with some emboss resist techniques... using the 5 new inks colours released this month - Thistle, Glacier, Flaxen, Canary and Pixie and the White Fine Detail Embossing Powder. Embossing offers so many creative options that can add a real "sparkle & shine" to your projects or even a touch of elegance as can be seen in this card.


The base of the card uses the new Thistle Cardstock a lovely vibrant on-trend colour,  pieces of paper I sponged from the My Crush - In the Pink Book and a strip of  "Juniper" coloured cardstock from the Paper Fundamentals - Whimsy Assortment. All trimmed with a border made with the Scallop Border Punch and a few Aqua Dots.  I love how well the different Close To My Heart product ranges co-ordinate - it certainly makes Close To My Heart my "one-stop lolly shop"!

Remember all these products can be purchased direct from my Online Shop and delivered right to your doorstep....how convenient is that?? I also offer card making classes in your home or mine - simply contact me at lotfam@iinet.net.au to find out how!

 

No comments: