Friday, January 28, 2011

A Special Delivery

Today the postman delivered the most wonderful little package from a lovely young lady in Finland...


..and of course it wasn't long before it was unpacked and the gorgeous "Hanglar Treasures" were stamped  on my X-Press IT Blending Card... ready to go! These little characters are ever so cute and such a joy to colour!!  This first card was made using "Humletjej" from the 2009 Collection and of course "pink and green" were my colours of choice LOL!!

Copics Used:
Skin - E50, E51, E53, R20
Hair/Shoes - E35, E33, E31
Hat - (Flower) - RV00, RV02, RV04 (RV06)
Green Stripes - YG93, YG95, YG97

To make up my card, I chose some pink and white cardstock and complimented it with some paper prints from Kaisercraft - "Daisy Chain" from the Country Grove Collection and "Twinkle" from the Wish Upon Collection. Then embellished with some rhinestones, silk flowers, ribbon and a heart shaped pin.

The second card was made using the little character from the 2008 Collection, her name is "Blomstertjej" which means "Flower Girl".

Copics Used:
Skin - E50, E51, E53, R20
Hair/Shoes - E35, E33, E31
Dress - Y11, Y15
Spotty Pants - BG01, BG05
Flower - YR02, YR04, YG00, YG95

I used aquamarine and white cardstock and again used some Kaisercraft prints from the "Lilac Avenue" and "Devonshire" collections to make up the base of the card - the lace trim is a Martha Stewart punch, the little butterfly I punched from white X-Press IT Blending card and coloured it with Y11, Y15. I also used the Y15 to colour in some adhesive pearls and I added these to the centre of the flower and the butterfly. The sentiment is a clear sticker. The "faux-stitching" was done using a Black 0.1mm Multiliner Pen which you can purchase from http://www.madformarkers.com.au/catalog/ and the little white "freckles" on my little girls faces was done with a white gel pen.

and here is a close-up


and as an added treat.... I am sharing with you the sketch that I based both these card designs on.


Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

Sammi said...

These are very gorgeous Chris!!
Loving your work!!
Sammi
xxx