Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Stamps - New Colours

I've finally sat down and had some card-making "playtime". I received my Magnolia Stamp Club shipment just prior to Christmas and I so LOVE the 2011 You are so special Collection!!....  just haven't found the time to to play with them. I also had a lovely parcel of new Copic colours arrive from Mad for Markers at about the same time and both have sat on my desk - until today. I decided to move away from my usual colour palette of "Pink & Green" ( and yes it was struggle !!) and the current colour challenge at http://magnolia-liciouschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ was just the inspiration I needed. This is the photograph the colours of the challenge were taken from....


and this is the first of the two cards I made



Stamp = Tilda with Balloon
Papers = Kaisercraft "Tea at Elsie's" collection

Copics Used:

Hair = E50, E51, E53
Skin = E00, E21, R20
Balloon = YG93, YG95, YG97
Dress = YR00, YR02, YR07

and card no.2


Stamp = King Tilda
Papers = Kaiser Craft " Devonshire Tea" collection

Copics Used:

Hair  = E33, E35, E37
Skin - E00, E51, E21, R20
Pants = BG01, BG05, BG09
Blouse = YG03, YG17
Crown/Socks = Y21, Y23, Y26

and a close up pic


I am so NOT an "orange" kinda girl - but I'm rather pleased with the way these cards turned out....maybe I need to experiment with colour a bit more :)

12 comments:

Regina said...

Chris!!! I love both!!! The images are so cute and your coloring is amazing!!! Georgeous job!!!
Regina

Karen said...

Very beautiful cards! : )

Iulia said...

You say you are not an "orange girl" but your cards are gorgeous! I just love the color palette. The colors are warm and bright at the same time. Such a delightful choice of color palette both in coloring and papers. Great matching flowers too.
I'll be glad to come back see more of your beautiful creations!
Hugs, iulia

Rosie said...

I agree with Iulia....your orange creations are beautiful! I scrolled through your blog and have to say, your layouts are also stunning! I can't wait to see more! Hugs, Rosemary

Rene said...

Oh oh oh! These are so pretty! Great colors, beautiful layouts and wonderful coloring! Gorgeous!
Rene :D

Candy said...

Chris!!
My goodness girl! Both of your cards are amazing!
Such beautiful colouring on each of them!!! I am jealous that you have the new stamps LOL LOL
Your papers are perfect on each of them - so are your flowers! Love your punched edges on the first card.
Your layouts are wonderful and in each one Tilda stands out as the 'star' just as she should!!!
Thank you for entering TWO cards to our Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog :o)
Hugs, Candy

Sandy said...

I totally agree with Candy - they are wonderful cards and I love the way you staged them!
Sandy Dehon

Cordine said...

Beautiful cards!
Hugs
Cordine

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful! Love your cards and the gorgeous paper you used. If you're not an orange kind of gal you sure fooled me because you have done these cards up so well!
Hugs,
Barb

Leslie Anne Avila said...

I just love them both. I know what you mean about not being a real, "orange" kind of girl but you've rocked this challenge! Well done.
Happy Monday~
Leslie

Norma said...

Chris, both cards beautiful. Tilda and Edwin are wonderfully coloured. You sure do have some gorgeous DP’s and your layouts are terrific. I love the clean look of your cards. Despite you going out of your comfort zone, you did a tremendous job with on these cards. Love them.
Thanks for playing with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.

Hugs,
Norma

cabio's craft corner said...

Both of these cards are so very sweet Chris. The DP is so cute on these cards too. Thanks so much for joining at Magnolia Challenge Blog. Hope to see what you will come up with for another challenge coming up :o)
Hugs,
Cabio