Wednesday, February 8, 2017

February Stamp of the Month - Easter Bunny

Oh My Goodness - it is day 8 of February already!! This year has certainly got off to a flying start, the kids are back at school, Summer sports are winding down but the days are still very warm! If you are finding yourself with a little free time or need to escape the heat - retreat to your craft room and the air conditioning?... then I have the cutest stamp set for you to ink up.

Take a peek at this month's Stamp of the Month - a 12 piece set that will ensure you have some cute cards ready to send out at Easter time... and with a quick change of sentiment, a card for just about every occasion.

 
 
I used two of the sweet little bunny images to create this card. I coloured them with Watercolour Pencils and then paper pieced their clothing with papers from the Whimsy Fundamental and the Sugar Rush Paper Packs. The sentiment was stamped on a "word bubble" shape, cut from the Cricut Artbooking Collection. It is a little difficult to see in this photo but I stamped both the bunnies and sentiment in Cocoa Exclusive Ink™. I am finding this my "go to" colour when I want to soften the look of my cards rather than stamp in black ink.
 



I also created these 2 cards using this month's Stamp of the Month. I have developed a bit of an addiction to making "scenic cards" with my latest craze being "picket fences". Using the woodgrain print from the Rustic Home Fundamentals I cut small 1/2" strips, then roughly cut a picket shape into the top edge. Next I distressed the edges with a sponge & Cocoa Exclusive Ink™ and lined the pieces up across my base piece. The base was then trimmed with some grass shapes, again cut from the Cricut Artbooking Collection. The "There's Nobunny Like You" card came together really easily with lots of my scraps from my craft desk. Papers from the Sugar Rush and Some Kinda Wonderful Paper Packs along with stickers and die-cuts from the Hello Lovely and Springtime Complement Packs.

The "Sending Smiles" card came together in much the same way...but rather than have my bunny strolling in the grass, I decided to have her popping out to say "hello" from a flower pot...an idea that was inspired by an adorable card created by CTMH Consultant - Corinna Murphy. To further embellish the card I used a combination of flower, leaf and cloud shapes from the Close To My Heart Cricut Collections... cut in a variety of my favourite coloured cardstock - Raspberry, Lemon, Willow, SweetLeaf and Glacier.

 
February is also the perfect time for you to join the Close To My Heart family as a Consultant... especially if you love paper crafting, sharing your creativity with others and enjoy Fun, Friendship and Awesome Rewards.
 
New Consultants who join Close To My Heart in February will get the February (Easter Bunny), March, and April Stamp of the Month sets for FREE! That’s an additional $81 in retail value added to the already incredible value of the New Consultant Kit! and if you are a former Close To My Heart Consultant?? there is special offer just for you.... a lower-priced, no-kit enrolment option that will allow you to sign up and join my team for just $75! You will still receive $75 in Select Product Credit to spend on products of your choice, meaning...you basically get to sign up for free! PLUS you will receive the February, March, and April Stamp of the Month sets for FREE!
 
If you are interested in joining me and the other rewards Close To My Heart have to offer - simply click here to find out more.
 
I hope you enjoyed seeing my bunny cards and I look forward to sharing more of my Close To My Heart journey with you.

Chris xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your cards. Thanks for explaining how to make the fence.