Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hello There...

... my apologies for the big gap between posts, I have been having a few issues with blogger not wanting to log me in. However, I am here now, so maybe the problem is resolved!!

If you follow me on Instagram (ChrissyML) or Facebook you would have seen my new little crafting companion Archie. He is a  very cute diluted ginger tabby cat, rescued from an Animal Shelter just after Christmas. He has become my shadow, he keeps running off with my scissors and pens and loves pretty paper as much as I do!!

Over the past few days my buddy and I have been colouring up a storm with Watercolour Pencils and images from the Spring Critters Stamp Set. This is one of the sets you can find in the new Seasonal Expressions and co-ordinates with the Spring Critters Thin-Cut Dies. I am very excited by the addition of Thin-Cut Dies in the Close To My Heart product range, they bring a whole new dimension to my crafting.

Thin-Cuts are metal dies that you can use with your favorite die cutting machine to cut shapes that coordinate perfectly with some of the  My Acrylix® stamp sets. They are ideal for those of you who really dislike fussy cutting. I prefer to stamp my image first then run it through my Cuttlebug machine with the co-ordinating Thin-Cut Die before colouring and using in my project designs.







This is Archie's "sad face" I wouldn't let him chew this pencil although, he has added teeth marks to almost all the others!! He was very intrigued with my colouring and blending and happily sat on my desk to watch the process...well almost, there were a few moments where he wanted to "help"!

...and this is the card "we" created with the coloured images. The sweet little bunny shapes were cut in half and placed inside square shapes almost to make them appear as if they were popping out to say Hello! The strips of patterned paper came from the Penelope and La Vie En Rose paper packs and trimmed with a tiny piece of glitter paper. The sentiment was stamped in black ink combining 2 of the sentiment images from the Spring Critters Stamp Set.



I am hoping blogger continues to co-operate as I have lots of fun projects to share combining colouring techniques and Thin-Cuts be sure to pop back for a visit soon... to see the full range of Thin-Cuts available click here!

Wishing you a great weekend and some relaxing colouring time :)

1 comment:

Sami said...

Those stamps are so cute! And so is your kitty!!