Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Convention 2015 - Make It From Your Heart - Part 2

One of the highlights (for me) at this year's Convention was the invitation to be a "special on-stage presenter" sharing my love of the Decorative Scrapbooking Style.

To me, decorative scrapbooking is all about the fun of creating layouts with lots of intricate detail, dimension and differing techniques. The Close To My Heart product range is jam packed with gorgeous papers and embellishments that the task of "decorating" is easy...everything is so complimentary that you can still add lots of detail and keep your photo or photos a focal point.

Here is a little peek at a few of the layouts I created for the presentation...along with close up pics of some of the decorative detail.


The "Hello There - Beautiful"  layout uses a combination of papers from the Urban, La Vie En Rose and Enchantment Fundamentals. Embellishments from the La Vie En Rose & Urban complements packs, the Basic Fundamental Stickers, Gold Foil Tape and the Gold Fundamental Assortment.

This 2nd layout is exactly the same sketch pattern and was super fun to create  - the photos of this sweet little cherub is just cuteness at it's best!




I used a combination of 15 different Close To My Heart products, once again proving how versatile the range is. Taking inspiration from little Missy's clothes I chose to use papers from the  Zoe, Kaleidoscope, Georgie, Sangria and Enchantment Fundamentals collections. The border was cut from the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge and the flowers & leaves from the new Artistry Cricut Cartridge. The page was then embellished with Silver Foil Tape, Sangria Assortment, Georgie Complements, Enamel & Glitter Duos Purple Hearts and Grey Enamel Gems. The journaling box is one of the 3" x 4" cards from the Picture My Life™ Georgie Scrapbooking Program and the "Smile" title was cut from one of the Silver Picture My Life™ Overlays.

All the products listed for these layouts can be found at my Online Shop - you can place an order there and have it delivered direct to your door...easy peasy!!

I prepared 10 layouts for this presentation and I plan to share them with you over the coming weeks. However, in the meantime head on over to my Facebook Page to see one of the single page layouts that features one of my Instagram photos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was wonderful to see you on stage and see all your lovely creations