Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Moment of Scrapbooking

I was recently asked by a friend if I still scrapbooked...and the answer was YES! However, I will admit to not as much as I use to. I just don't seem to have the amount of photos to play with any more!!! My daughters are now both young women with busy lives of their own and as such I don't get to line them up in front of my camera lens for those "just because happy snaps" - I only manage the special occasion pics! I tend to scrap a little bit of everywhere too, my travel adventures in digital format and my family photos in paper ( you can't take the cut & paste from this girl! ). This past weekend I decided it was time to make myself the subject of an album project and I embarked on Janet Carr's class - called "This is me EXPOsed" you will find it here.

I plan to make this a hybrid project - the digital pages I will print and place alongside a mixture of traditional and project life type pages and I have already seen the ideal album to place them in....on the 1st of February Close To My Heart release a 12 x 12 D-Ring Album in Cocoa Damask - it is perfect!! Week 1 of Janet's class is all about introducing yourself - she has templates, kits and handouts to get you started - all available to you for FREE!! These are the first 2 pages of my project....minus the journaling which I will add just before final print.


....and just to prove that I still do scrapbook in the traditional way LOL!! I whipped up this quick layout of a friend's grand-daughter playing in the sunshine at my niece's Birthday Party. It truly was the quickest project I have completed in a long time. I simply gathered all my left over bits & pieces from the Cloud Nine Cardmaking Kit  and some off-cuts of co-ordinating cardstock I then cut a multitude of shapes from the Artbook Cricut Collection . I arranged these across the page along with the 2 gorgeous photos of "Little Miss Sunshine" and finished off by embellishing with Washi Tape, Aqua Dots , Triangle Studs ( note: stubs available from 1st Feb ). The title also uses Keyboard Kraft Alphabet Z1825 one of my "go to" favourites when Scrapbooking! I have a feeling, this will end up framed on the wall at Grandma's house! If you haven't placed an order yet for the Cloud Nine Cardmaking Kit contact me soon. This kit is only available in January and contains a few of the new release products...be the envy of your paper craft friends and receive them before the release date! :)


I have a huge box containing many of the gorgeous new goodies being released by Close To My Heart in Feb... on it's way to my house now!! Contact me for a catalogue, a peek in the box or even a show & tell date with your friends...I'd love to show you my favourites and I know you will find a favourite or 3 for your paper craft projects too!

 

1 comment:

Sheree said...

That's very cute Chris!