Monday, March 26, 2012

The "H' Party

We have had a fun and very enjoyable weekend, celebrating my nephew's 21st Birthday - it was a dress-up themed event. We were all asked to come dressed in something beginning with "H". Wow! - everyone got into the spirit of the night, and there were some amazing costumes we had Hercules, Hannah Montana, Humpty Dumpty, Highland & Hip Hop Dancers, Helicopter Pilots, Housewives and the list goes on. I have a few photos to share with you - wish I could show you them all... but once again I took 100's LOL!... and it really is impossible to post them all!

This is my family and I - the Hawaiian Tourist, Hockey Player, Hostess and Hippy! - long hair and chockers are not the most flattering accessories for me!!


 ....and from left to right:  my nephew the Hotdog with his mate the Hedgehog, My sister the Hairdresser and her Hooker daughter! and family friends Hannibal Lector and Henry the Octopus - cool costumes aren't they??

and here are some more family friends .... dressed as a Hobo couple and with their very cute duaghter the  Hawaiian Princesss. 


The most popular costume of the night appeared to be all the different variations of  Hippies, closely followed with an array of Hawaiian dressed guests - as I mentioned before, it was a lot of fun and we giggled at ourselves and our silly costumes all night.

The dressup theme also inspired my card creation today - I rushed this card a little but I really needed a little R & R in my "happy room" today, after such a hectic weekend. This is Mod Marci from the La La Land Crafts Stamp range - I thought she had a little bit of a "hippy chick" look to her - she is seated on another La La Land image the Garden Bench....both available at Mad for Markers.


Copics Used:

Skin: E000, BV000, E01, E11, Lips: RV42, Cheeks: R20
Hair: E31, E35, E29
Hat/Boots: V12, V15, V17
Vest: R81, R83, R85
Top: YR00, YR12, YR18
Pants: Grey -  W1, W3, W5
Guitar: Y21, Y23, Y26, YR12, YR18
Garden Bench: YG91, YG95, YG97, E51, E53 E55, E57

I have added some white highlights to my colouring using a Size 0 brush and my new pot of Copic Opaque White.... watch out for white highlights all over my upcoming projects LOL! and while on the subject of upcoming projects...stay tuned....while tidying up my "happy room" today I found a few "treasures" -  a big bundle of stamps I have purchased over the past 12 months and forgot about - they have never used - sad but true!!

Hope you have a wondeful day and I will be back soon to show you my new found treasures!

1 comment:

Rachel Parys said...

What fun! Love the pics from the party, it looks like there were some great costumes!

Your card is so sweet! Love the colors and papers!