Saturday, December 10, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy.....

...and not with Christmas preparation!! - as you can see, it has been a whole month since I last blogged and shared some creations with you. I did have good intentions -  but life, in my little part of the world as been crazy ( to say the least! )....sadly my parents have had numerous trips to hospital and my hubby is next, with minor surgery scheduled for Monday. However, there has been some special happenings in my family too. In September my nephew and his lovely lady got engaged and I was privileged to capture the moment on camera.


....aren't they just the cutest couple? Anyway, they were to be married next December, but her father has been diagnosed with a horrible illness and it was decided to bring the wedding forward 12 months. Now!... whoever said a wedding can't be planned in just 3 weeks has never met this amazing couple and their parents!! Last Friday, I again, got to witness (through the lens of my camera) - the strength and love of these two gorgeous individuals....and we had a wonderful day of celebration.


and this is the photo that just warms my heart - my sister congratulating her "baby" boy!...with a huge proud Mum smile :)


....so as you can see, Christmas card making ( and shopping ) has not appeared on my agenda as yet! However, I have managed to make this card for a dear friend, who has helped hold me together through this time. It was created with a digital image by Mo Manning called "Sophie" and it portrays exactly the sentiment I wanted.


Copics Used:


Skin: E11, E00, E00, R11
Clothes/Socks: R21, R22, R24, Y21, Y23, Y26
Hair: E33, E35, E37
Doll: B21, B23, B24, Y21, Y23, C1, C3

Hopefully, after this week, things will settle down....so I can get our Christmas celebrations organised, some gift shopping done... and I am really looking forward to a few days off work to just sit and "chill" in my craft room.



No comments: