Thursday, April 21, 2011

A "Distressing" Good Time

I did say I would be back today with a few more cards to show you....remember?? I said I was spending the weekend with my BFF... and she was going to introduce me to something new -  well not really "something new" but something I hadn't played with before! I had a lesson in the variety of uses for Distress Inks - it was fun to get my embossing powders and heat gun out again..... and rediscover the huge stash of stamps I have collected over the years - and shhh!! don't tell anyone but I did find some stamps and inks that I had never used - they were still  wrapped in their packaging!!  ;) I did enjoy creating some different looking cards but this form of card making is a lot messier than my beloved Copics and not nearly as theraputic as colouring-in....but it makes for a nice change now & then....and I can see myself playing a bit more with them.

These are two of the cards I made....


and a closer look at "You Amaze Me"


The stamp set I used is For The Luv of Art "La Mode" Stamp set - available here online at http://www.fortheluvofart.com/ForTheLoveofArtLaModeStampSet.aspx The flourish in the corner is from a SU set called "Baroque Motifs" - the pink patterned paper is from Echo Park's Love Letter range - I used some "Old Paper" Distress Ink to tone down the brightness of the pink.....the other ink colours I used were "Victorian Velvet", "Peeled Paint" and "Walnut Stain" all from the Tim Holtz Ranger Ink range.

...and "Thankyou"


....this card was created with a selection of my "Stampin' Up" stash the only name I can remember is the background stamp - "French Script". I embossed the flower and leaves with clear detail embossing powder and used "Antique Lined", "Bundled Sage",  "Walnut Stain" and "Tattered Rose" to create my background. The pink spotted paper is from the "Chicks Rock" collection by "Three Bugs in a Rug" - really cool girly papers in this range!

As we enter into the Easter weekend and the prediction of rain, I expect you will find me in my "happy room" playing with Paper, Ink, Stamps and Copics - stay tuned!!.... to see what I come up with LOL!!

No comments: