Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Little More Love

I wanted to share the card I made in honour of Valentine's Day and yes! once again I have used my favourite colour combo of pink and green. After I had coloured my little Magnolia cutie...Tilda with Heart from the You Are So Special Collection... I felt she looked like she was suspended in space, so to ground her, I added some grass. I created this effect by drawing a few "tufts" of grass with E27 and YG67 then  I randomly "scribbled" patches of YG93, Y95, Y97. Next I used my Copic Colourless Blender to colour over the top and blend all the colours together. I really like the effect and the "softness" it added to all the green combinations.



Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E01, E11, R20
Hair/Shoes - E31, E33, E35
Dress - R81, R83, R85
Grass/Leaves - E27, YG67, YG93, YG95, YG97

I also added some pink Kindy Glitz to the heart for a touch of sparkle.

I enhanced my card with papers from the Kaisercraft English Rose Collection and some leaf embellishments I made using a leaf and vine stamp from my "stash". I stamped directly onto my X-Press IT Blending Card and after I coloured the image I cut around the leaf outline and adhered to the card... enhancing with a few "pink" flowers ;)

The sentiment I printed up on my computer - the font is called CK Higgins Handprint - very cute!!!
The "faux-stitching" was done using a Black 0.1mm Multiliner Pen...apart from my Copics, this is the pen I use most, when creating my cards.. make sure you check out the range of Multiliner Pens available at the Mad for Markers store - http://www.madformarkers.com.au/catalog/
 
I thought I might enter this card in the Copic Oz Love Challenge over at http://copicoz.blogspot.com/  - there are some gorgeous cards over there... you should take a peek.






No comments: